Up, up and away! Just last month, we were here celebrating Bitcoin’s all-time high of $48,000. Now it is priced over $50,000, and we’re barely three months into the year! As institutions like Tesla and MicroStrategy continue to adopt cryptocurrencies into their investment strategy, crypto’s future looks bright. Meanwhile, at BitPay, we continue to welcome aboard new merchants, all the while releasing new products and services that make crypto transactions easier — and more profitable than ever — for the global business community. It has been an exciting month, with new and exciting product and feature launches.
In This Issue:
BitPay In the Spotlight
- The BitPay Card – now available on Apple Pay! BitPay is planning to add support for Google Pay and Samsung Pay later this quarter.
- Our CEO Stephen Pair recently spoke with PYMNTS CEO Karen Webster about the meteoric rise of Bitcoin and its future in 2021 and beyond.
- Sean Rolland, BitPay’s Director of Product, also sat down with PYMNTS recently to discuss the mass payouts and cryptocurrency’s mainstream adoption in everyday transactions. Read more about it here.
- BitPay recently announced the rollout of Dogecoin payments for merchants and customers! Learn more here.
- The Kessler Collection partners with BitPay in an historic move to accept bitcoin payments from guests.
- Fast Private Jet announced it received (via BitPay) the world’s largest cryptocurrency transaction for the payment of a single flight on a private jet.
Other Industry News
Here’s a list of some of the most significant happenings in crypto over this past month:
- During its first two days of trading, the Purpose Bitcoin ETF (BTCC), the first fund of its kind in North America and the first worldwide to be labeled an ETF, saw almost $400 million shares change hands. On March 3, that amount dropped to $17 million as investors became more conservative with Bitcoin volatility.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
It’s our monthly pleasure – and great honor – to welcome aboard new businesses that use our products and services. This month saw BitPay woo and win over clients from across a wide-ranging number of fields and industries – everything from luxury jewelry to hotels. Please join us in saying hello to these new, exceptional members of the BitPay family!
BitPay Merchant Spotlight of the Month: Ace Jewelers
This month, we are highlighting one of BitPay’s oldest (and favorite!) merchants. Ace Jewelers has accepted cryptocurrency payments via BitPay for high-end watches, fine jewelry, and diamonds since 2016.
Ace Jewelers is a family-owned and family-run business with a physical boutique in Amsterdam and an international eBoutique. Ace Jewelers designs and manufactures fine jewelry in Amsterdam. They are also an authorized dealer of many international fine jewelry and watch brands, such as: OMEGA, Tudor, Zenith, Bulgari, Ulysse Nardin, Breitling, NOMOS, Royal Asscher, Nanis, and many more. In 2008 Ace Jewelers launched the eBoutique AceJewelers.com, which turned Ace into a pioneering & award-winning omnichannel retailer. They were the first authorized jeweler to accept Bitcoin payments via BitPay.
To celebrate the fact that Ace Jewelers and BitPay have been doing business for five years, they have created a special BitPay section on their webshop with special deals exclusively for BitPay customers when they pay with cryptocurrencies (including store credits). These exclusive offers are only valid during this month.
For more information, contact Ace Jewelers at +3120571560 for voice, +31615459399 for chat (WhatsApp, Signal & WeChat), and shop online at: AceJewelers.com
To shop the exclusive BitPay offers directly, visit www.acejewelers.com/en/bitpay
BitPay Merchant Shout-outs:
- Make an Impact with the American National Red Cross. National Giving Day is March 24 – but you don’t have to wait! Your gift can provide hope and urgent relief to those in need. Donate using BitPay today!
- CRM Jewelers just made their biggest crypto transaction to date, selling a $400,000 Richard Mille RM055 Bubba Watson Rose Gold Carbon TPT with Diamonds using BitPay.
Word(s) of the Month: Dogecoin
You may have heard Dogecoin (pronounced “doszh-coin”) referenced in cryptocurrency news (and even in this newsletter!), but what exactly is it?
Dogecoin (DOGE) is a peer-to-peer, open-source altcoin started in 2013 by Jackson Palmer and Billy Markus. Its blockchain derives from another altcoin – Litecoin. Dogecoin is most notable because it uses a scrypt algorithm. So, unlike Bitcoin, which has a maximum ceiling of 21 million mineable coins, Dogecoin has an unlimited supply. Thus, inflation in numbers drives down the price.
Dogecoin has been adopted primarily as part of a tipping system on Reddit to reward the creation or sharing of quality content within communities that use the currency. In addition to mining it yourself, you can also purchase coins or get them from a Dogecoin faucet. A faucet is a website that gives away a few coins at a time in “drops” for free.
Product Spotlight: BlinkSky Gift Cards
Looking for ways to integrate your business with BitPay? Consider offering gift cards through our partner BlinkSky and give your customers an option to pay with BitPay.
Check out how our other partner, Fast Private Jet, utilizes this feature with their e-Fast gift cards:
This month in partnership with APMEX, we launched the limited edition “Evolution of Money” BitPay commemorative coin. These silver rounds were promoted heavily on APMEX, including a hefty marketing feature on APMEX’s retail site. Other marketing efforts included multiple emails, a few contests/giveaways and many social posts. Kudos to APMEX for a job well done. How are you promoting and advancing crypto?